GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 26: Gel Medium + old book text + acrylic

 Hello Christian Art Journalers and friends,
We are jumping right into it today with page two from Day 25's post (you can go there to see how we got where we are now!)   I cut out a piece from an old book--I try to be careful as sometimes you get some rough language on these you don't want peeking through!  Use your gel medium to glue it down and run a coat over it.
Then I mixed the 2 colors with some brown and some white gesso plus water so the words would show through the paint somewhat:

 I paint the darker on the outside then add more white gesso and water to get a good coat in the middle, before drying it with my hair dryer:
 I added more stamps and white acrylic paint around my words.  Then I used the black marker to trace out a body, hands and feet before adding "I believe God" to the 'shirt'. 
I added a scripture to the bottom of the first page that is a Psalm that says "Your Word have I treasured in my heart".  I will go back and paint a big heart behind the image of the woman.

Until tomorrow,
May God bless your ART...and your HEART!
Antoinette
http://www.inspiredstamps.com/

No comments:

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...